Leaflet Returning Home
- For information on the safety measures you need to take when going back home, consult the leaflet Returning Home.
Returning Home Checklist
- Keep the checklist to get key contact information for your recovery.
Pay attention to the possible physical, emotional or behavioural reactions to disaster, such as sleep problems, heart palpitations, anxiety, aggression, lack of interest or energy, tendency to withdraw from others, alcohol or substance abuse or worsening health problems. These reactions can occur very soon or up to a few weeks or months after the disaster. If you feel in need of psychosocial support, call Info-Social at any time.
Financial Assistance to Flood Victims
If you have already submitted a claim under the general financial assistance program, you do not need to submit another one in order to receive the additional assistance.
- New tax credit for the restoration of secondary residences damaged by flooding that occurred in Québec municipalities from April 5 to May 16, 2017
Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement supérieur
Ministère de la Famille
- Support program for projects related to childcare and respite for disaster victims who have children [French]
The Canadian Red Cross
To receive this assistance, a member of your household must register:
- Additional financial assistance if your residence is destroyed or has major damage. A Red Cross representative will assess your needs through a meeting in person or a phone conversation.
- Financial assistance from the Red Cross is separate from the assistance provided by the Ministère de la Sécurité publique. When the Ministère calculates the assistance provided to disaster victims, it does not take into account any amounts provided by the Red Cross.
Régie du bâtiment du Québec
The Régie du bâtiment du Québec provides an information kit to the spring flood victims of 2017. It contains information that will help you with the work to carry out.
Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux
> 1-800-463-5060 - Centre antipoison du Québec
Ministère du Développement durable, de l’Environnement et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques
> 1 800 561-1616
Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec
> 1 800 361-7620