When to Return Home?
You may return home if the return has been authorized and your safety is not in jeopardy.
Consult the After a disaster section to learn the instructions and recommendations to follow so that you can safely get back to normal.
How to Return Home?
- Return home during the day, when it is easier to see problems and hazards.
- Take photos or film the damage if your home has been damaged.
- Notify your insurer, to have the damage recorded.
- Call the financial institution that granted you a mortgage loan, to declare the damage.
- Secure the premises if extensive work must be carried out before you can return home, to keep away looters and curious bystanders: barricade the windows, lock the doors and cover damaged areas.
- Choose recognized specialized firms for evaluation, cleaning or disinfection services, or repair work following a disaster.
- Keep the receipts of all your cleaning-related expenses.
To Replace Cards, Permits, Licences or Certificates Issued by Government Departments and Bodies, you may: